We are about to submit a final camera-ready version of a manuscript and they sent us this email the other day reminding us, among other things, to “adhere to the prescribed [ACM] format as set out in paragraph 2.3.10 ”… In a nutshell, they want all figures in EPS format. Now I am very particular about font-consistency when integrating plots within TeX documents, and so I spent most of last night trying to figure this out. I eventually decided to leverage a somewhat widely used technique–‘tikzexternalize’. I found this  thread on StackExchange really helpful. (more…)
Ensuring that manuscripts I produce using LaTeX have a consistent font throughout the document has been a long-held obsession of mine. The majority of documents I produce typically contain block diagrams which I almost always generate using third-party tools. One of the problems, however, with integrating LaTeX documents with input files (typically JPG, PNG, EPS et al.) from these external tools is that of ending up with a final output that has inconsistent fonts. (more…)
LaTeX/Sweave integration is awesome! Dynamic reporting made easy indeed. Integrating the overall workflow with tikZ functionality right within R is even better as it esures that your plots have a consistent look and feel through out your report.
I have R code embedded within LaTeX files that make use of R plots, and I use Sweave to generate corresponding standalone TeX files. In addition to that though, I also make use of the R tikzDevice package to ensure that the fonts in my R plots are consistent with my LaTeX document. As it turns out, R commands are output at a low level as tikZ commands . (more…)